RECRUITMENT TO FIVE (INCLUDING 01 POST RESERVED FOR WOMEN QUOTA) POSTS OF DEMOGRAPHER (BS-17) ON TEMPORARY LIKELY TO BE MADE PERMANENT BASIS IN THE PUNJAB POPULATION WELFARE DEPARTMENT.
Master’s Degree (2nd Division) in Statistics, Economics, Population Studies, Gender Studies, Demography or Information Technology (IT) from a recognized University.
21 to 28 + 05 Years General Age Relaxation in Upper Age Limit vide Notification No. SOR-I (S&GAD) 9-36/81 dated 04-11-2006 = 33 Years on
21 to 28 + 08 Years General Age Relaxation in Upper Age Limit vide Notification No. SOR-I (S&GAD) 9-36/81 dated 21-05-2012 = 36 Years on
3. PAY: BS-17
4. DOMICILE: Punjab.
5. GENDER: Male & Female domiciled in any District of the Province of Punjab.
6. PLACE OF POSTING: Anywhere in Punjab.
7. SYLLABUS FOR WRITTEN TEST:
One Paper Written Test of MCQ Type 100 Marks of Two hours duration shall be conducted to shortlist the candidates as per policy of the Commission with the following syllabus:-
1. Definition of Demography; subject matter and importance of the subject: relationship with other disciplines like Economics, Statistics, Sociology, Biology, Health Science, Information Technology etc.
2. Population Process; Fertility, Mortality: Migration; their determinants and differentials; Interrelationship of the processes.
3. Sources of Demographic Data; Census; Vital Registration, sample, Surveys Immigration and Emigration Records, Historical Sources etc.
4. World Population Growth and Geographic Distribution: Historical patterns and Current Situation.
5. Population Growth in Pakistan: Levels and trends.
6. Population Related Theories: Pre-modern Thoughts; Malthus Theory of Population; Theory of Demographic Transition; Marxist Perspective; Easterlain’s and Becker’s Theories.
7. Role and Impact of Population growth on development.
8. Techniques of Demographic Analysis: Measures of Mortality; Measures of Fertility: Measures of Migration; Population Growth Rates; Standardized Rates; Life Table Analysis.
9. 21st Century Population Problems:
i. Population and Poverty.
ii. Population and Environment.
iii. Population and Urban Growth.
iv. Population and Health Issues (Gender Perspective)
v. Population and Aging.
Consolidated Advertisement NO. 31/2015
APPEARED IN THE NATION & JANG ON SUNDAY 09-09-2015
Closing Date: 28-09-2015
For General Instructions and Apply online visit: http://www.ppsc.punjab.gov.pk/Adds/AD312015.htm