In May 2015, the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) awarded a five-year contract to Management Systems International (MSI) to provide performance management support to USAID-sponsored development programs throughout Pakistan. The Performance Management Support Contract (PERFORM) will serve as a centralized management support mechanism supporting USAID/Pakistan’s mission to increase stability, democracy, and prosperity for the men and women of Pakistan through the implementation of the Mission Strategic Framework (MSF). The performance components will include: (1) Monitoring Services; (2) Evaluation Services; (3) Assessment Services; and (4) Learning Support Services.
**Please note: Only citizens of Pakistan are eligible for this position.**
MSI is recruiting for a long-term Monitoring and Evaluation (M&E) Coordinator to support USAID/Pakistan’s MSF. The M&E Coordinator supports the PERFORM M&E Unit by developing and reviewing statements of work (SOW) for surveys, supporting M&E and other verification assignments, developing and refining research tools, analyzing quantitative and qualitative data, conducting data quality assessments, and providing technical assistance for performance management activities. He/she helps coordinate and manage the M&E Unit work plan and serves as a point of contact with the USAID/Pakistan Program Office and technical teams on matters related to M&E, performance management, learning, and research studies.
This is a full-time position based in Islamabad, Pakistan. It is expected to begin immediately and last through April 2020.
• Provide technical support for M&E, performance management, learning, and research studies including:
o Reviewing and providing feedback on SOWs.
o Reviewing and providing feedback on research tools.
o Supporting M&E and research teams with data analysis.
o Selecting performance indicators.
o Conducting data quality assessments.
o Reviewing and providing feedback on draft and final reports.
• Support the teams in managing data collection activities for M&E and assessment tasks, coordinating the work plan, and providing technical support and direction to PERFORM staff.
• Coordinate with USAID/Pakistan on M&E, learning, and performance management tasks and represent PERFORM to USAID technical teams.
• Work with other PERFORM staff to identify key performance questions and parameters for monitoring and evaluation activities.
• Assist with the development of data collection plans/schedules and data collection instruments;
• Collect and collate project data.
• Undertake primary data collection activities, including interviews and focus groups.
• Manage data collection efforts of subcontractors, including ensuring the adequacy of data collection instruments, the feasibility of data collection plans, the timely collection of data (including surveys), and the quality of data collected.
• Along with PERFORM staff, analyze the field data, as required, and develop draft M&E reports in English for submission to USAID/Pakistan.
• Minimum Bachelor’s Degree in social sciences, development, economics, statistics, or related field.
• Minimum of three (3) years of work experience in a relevant professional field.
• Demonstrated experience in data collection using qualitative and quantitative methodologies.
• Experience working with different types of organizations.
• Ability to multi-task and work under intense deadlines.
• Excellent written and spoken English skills.
• Fluency in Urdu is required; knowledge of regional languages a plus.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office software.
He/She must have:
• Good understanding of M&E processes for development projects, with a focus on participatory processes, joint management, and gender issues.
• Willingness to undertake regular field visits and interact with different stakeholders, especially primary stakeholders.
• Leadership qualities and personnel and team management (including mediation and conflict resolution).
• Knowledge and understanding of USAID development programs, its partners, and M&E processes.
• Experience managing or conducting surveys.
Only candidates who have been selected for an interview will be contacted. No phone calls, please.
MSI is an EEO/AA/ADA Veterans Employer.