Reports to: Dept. Head MIS
Location: Head Office, Islamabad
The Software Engineer Support SES must have hands on experience of providing high quality support to meet customer requirements. The SES will assist the SSES/DH MIS in carrying out the Support Function. The Software Engineer Support must have an understanding of the support complexities of the products and environments being supported, as well as an understanding of the support process and its requirements.
Duties will also involve analysis, design, development, testing, maintenance, implementation and enhancements of in-house developed programs/applications and systems.
Implement software at different sites.
Provide support and perform troubleshooting.
Help develop support infrastructure and improve internal support tools.
Provide responsive and solid remote technical support in application installation and configuration, replication and diagnosis of customer problems via email and phone.
Document bug reports and incident reports, and develop internal knowledge base.
Log all information about problems and follow through to resolution.
Revise and create user-end documentation for software products.
Must continue to develop technical expertise in in-house developed and procured product lines.
Provide training and guidance to support personnel.
Hands-on testing of the Customized Solutions.
Write programs and procedures according to specifications.
Test and debug completed program and procedures to locate and remove errors.
Conduct Research and Development work within the scope of work.
Perform related duties as required.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
• Excellent customer skills and organizational skills.
• Ability to work well with customers, developers and team members.
• Strong verbal face-to-face / phone and written communication skills.
• Creative problem solver, fast learner, and challenge-driven.
• Ability to work and add value as a team member.
• Considerable knowledge of computer operations, work simplification techniques, and flow-of-work procedures.
• Considerable knowledge of the operation, characteristics and capabilities of computer equipment and of the application of such equipment to information processing needs.
• Ability to prepare system documentation and user manuals to meet user needs.
• Considerable knowledge of systems analysis, systems design, and database architecture.
• Working knowledge of database languages and techniques.
• Knowledge of application programming languages and techniques.
• Ability to prepare clear and concise technical documentation.
• Considerable knowledge of the operational and output requirements of the programs assigned.
• Ability to recommend the appropriate file or database structure for a given application.
• Ability to identify flaws in a given design and constructively make recommendations for alternative methods.
Education: Bachelors in Computer Science 4yrs. or Equivalent IT qualification.
Experience: Minimum of two years’ experience, in a similar position, in a Commercial Bank is required with hands on experience of providing customer support, for IT Systems, to branches/offices. Preference shall be given to candidates having additional hands on experience of programming.
Tools Exposure preferred
• Oracle, SQL, MySQL
• Apache, Squid
• Banking Solutions / Applications
• MS Project and CRM
Age Limit: Up to 30 years Check now Jobz.pk for more information