Business Development Manager
As a self-employed, you could be responsible for any number of different tasks, depending on your profession.
The job role of a self-employed contractor may involve the following duties:
• Generating new business opportunities
• Visiting customers and clients to discuss or appraise jobs
• Negotiating with customers and suppliers to achieve the best price and profit margins
• Managing people on and offsite to make sure they’re working in the right way
• Completing paperwork and financial documents, such as VAT and tax returns
• Planning the future of the business and dealing with any issues with customers, suppliers and employees
• Undertaking training to improve employment opportunities
As a business development manager, youll identify new business opportunities in order to generate revenue, improve profitability and help the business grow.
Your work can involve careful strategic planning and positioning in the appropriate markets, or enhancing the operation of the business, position or reputation in some way.
You may have a single role in the organization or lead a team of staff. Your work will often reach across all areas of the business.
Types of business management
Business development can be applied to almost all types of business, but you may choose to specialize in a certain sector, such as:
Alternatively, you may work across many different businesses, but with a specific focus on either:
• B2B business to business
• B2C business to consumer.
As a business development manager, youll need to:
• research and identify new business opportunities - including new markets, growth areas, trends, customers, partnerships, products and services - or new ways of reaching existing markets
• seek out the appropriate contact in an organisation
• generate leads and cold call prospective customers
• meet with customers/clients face to face or over the phone
• foster and develop relationships with customers/clients
• understand the needs of your customers and be able to respond effectively with a plan of how to meet these
• think strategically - seeing the bigger picture and setting aims and objectives in order to develop and improve the business
• work strategically - carrying out necessary planning in order to implement operational changes
• draw up client contracts - depending on the size of company, this task may be completed by someone else or agreements may not be as formal
• have a good understanding of the businesses products or services and be able to advise others about them
• ensure staff are on board throughout the organization, and understand the need for change and what is required of them
• train members of your team, arranging external training where appropriate
• discuss promotional strategy and activities with the marketing department
• liaise with the finance team, warehousing and logistics departments as appropriate
• seek ways of improving the way the business operates
• attend seminars, conferences and events where appropriate
• keep abreast of trends and changes in help to plan sales campaigns
• create a sales pipeline
• negotiate pricing with customers, and suppliers in some cases
• increase sales of the business
• carry out sales forecasts and analysis and present your findings to senior management/the board of directors
• develop the business sales and marketing strategy.
From 1 to 50000 Per month
Youll usually work a regular 8am to 5pm, Monday to Friday week, though you may on occasion have to work longer to meet a project deadline or when attending an event or conference.
Flexible working and working from home may be possible.
Commercials, Graphic Design, Email Marketing, Enterprise Sales Management, Writing
You may apply online at vacancies after registering at https://www.jobz.pk, where applicable.
Note by Jobz.pk: Beware of Fraudulent Recruiting Activities: If the employer asks you to pay money for any purpose including processing to shortlisting, do not pay at all and report us using our contact us form. Apply as per instuctions & dates mentioned in job ad. Govt jobs cannot be applied online here. Error & omissions excepted.